George, entertainment guru for The Oklahoman, is a real local talent. Strong knowledge of the local music scene with a great grasp of pop culture in general. Check out his blog, StaticBlog. Not sure I understand everything he’s says – and I definitely don’t know most of the bands he mentions – but it’s a great local blog and a great read.
George stopped by the studio this afternoon to deliver his weekly Weekend Look monologue, sans usual sidekick Heather Warlick.
I think he wrote 3 minutes just to set up the Mariah Carey punchline.
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2. It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
3. Fast is better than slow.
4. Democracy on the web works.
5. You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
6. You can make money without doing evil.
7. There’s always more information out there.
8. The need for information crosses all borders.
9. You can be serious without a suit.
10. Great just isn’t good enough.
Rachel Stacy, local musician, stopped by today to record a podcast with The Oklahoman’s Gene Triplett. Then she sat down in our “Jungle Room” (with apologies to my friends at Citadel) to record “Oklahoma,” her latest single. Check it out.