An electrical short led to a fire at a home in southwest Oklahoma City Wednesday, causing about $75,000 damage to the structure.
Battalion Chief Chris Jackson said about 23 firefighters responded to 1320 Pickford Lane about 10:18 a.m. to a house fire. He said the attic was fully involved when firefighters arrived. According to scanner traffic, flames were shooting through the roof. (more…)
Oklahoma City firefighters looking into a cut gas line in a residential area in northwest Oklahoma City.
Battalion Chief Brian Stanaland said one engine and a hazmat unit responded to 2025 NW 31 Terrace to monitor reports of a cut low pressure gas line about 9:52 a.m. Wednesday. He said Oklahoma Natural Gas is also responding.
No evacuations have been made, he said.
Read an update to this story here.
Capt. Jeff Parsons said firefighters responded about 2:30 p.m. to the aid of a man who suffered burns to his face and arms while working on the roof of the Warr Acres City Hall building at 5930 NW 49. He said the building houses police officers, city officials and firefighters, so they were able to respond quickly.
Lara O’Leary, spokeswoman for Emergency Medical Services Authority, said the man was taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Photo by Steve Gooch: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Thursday, May 15, 2003) ROOFERS: A roofer with All-American Roofing Co. uses a roofing hammer and nails on a home in NW Oklahoma City.
For the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, I spent a few hours with Red Cross volunteers in Oklahoma City and watched as they handed out fire safety tips in residential neighborhoods. (more…)