A pet died in a fire Tuesday morning that began in a bedroom of a home in north Oklahoma City, a fire official said.
Fire Maj. Tammy McKinney said initial reports led firefighters to think someone might be in the home at 264 NW 80, but she said no one was found inside. She said bars on the windows caused concern for first responders, but the fire was quickly extinguished.
She said about 30 firefighters went to the house about and one suffered a minor injury to the hand. A small dog also died in the fire.
The blaze began near a mattress in a bedroom. Officials are still investigating the heat source and assessing damage, McKinney said.