An electrical short led to a fire at a home in southwest Oklahoma City Wednesday, causing about $75,000 damage to the structure.
Battalion Chief Chris Jackson said about 23 firefighters responded to 1320 Pickford Lane about 10:18 a.m. to a house fire. He said the attic was fully involved when firefighters arrived. According to scanner traffic, flames were shooting through the roof.
The blaze began in the master bathroom due to an electrical short in an exhaust vent. Jackson said the vent had been left on and shorted out.
Two occupants living in the home have been displaced due to the extent of the damage.