Best Bets for Jan. 25-27, 2013: OKC Philharmonic’s “Music of Michael Jackson,” Artspace at Untitled’s “Reflections,” Trail Dance Film Festival, Gretchen Peters and The Departed
Here are my Best Bets for entertainment around the state this weekend; a version is listed in Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman. For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
1. Listen to featured vocalist James Delisco perform “The Music of Michael Jackson” with the Oklahoma City Philharmonic at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. The Discovery Family Series continues with “America the Beautiful” at 2 p.m. Sunday. Information: 842-5387 or www.okcphilharmonic.org.
2. NORMAN — Hear Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Gretchen Peters play a Winter Wind Concert at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Norman Depot, 200 S Jones. Information: 307-9320 or www.pasnorman.org.
3. View the new exhibition “Reflections: The Photographs of Allison V. Smith & Stanley Marcus,” featuring 64 prints taken by legendary merchandiser Marcus and his granddaughter, at Artspace at Untitled, 1 NE 3. An opening reception is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Friday; a gallery talk and book signing will take place 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday. Information: 815-9995 or www.artspaceatuntitled.org.
4. DUNCAN — See 90 independent films screening Friday and Saturday at the Simmons Center, 800 Chisholm Parkway, and Chisholm Trail Heritage Center, 1000 Chisholm Trail Parkway, during the sixth annual Trail Dance Film Festival. Information: www.traildancefilmfestival.com.
5. TULSA — Hear red dirt rockers The Departed and Bo Phillips Band at 7 tonight at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. Information: www.cainsballroom.com.