Best Bets for Dec. 21-23, 2102: “End of the World” festivities, Damn Quails’ Toys for Tots benefit, Lyric’s “A Christmas Carol” and Free Crystal Bridge Sunday
Here are my picks for the Best Bets in entertainment happening in the Oklahoma City area this weekend, as listed in Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman. For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
1. NORMAN — Listen to Oklahoma hip-hop artists A.Dd+, Josh Sallee and Jabee perform a free “End of the World” show at 8 p.m. Friday at The Opolis, 113 N Crawford. Information: www.starlightmints.com/opolis.html.
2. Watch Lyric Theatre’s production of Charles Dickens’ classic “A Christmas Carol” at 8 p.m. Friday, 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Lyric at the Plaza, 1725 NW 16 in the Plaza District. Performances continue through Dec. 29. Information: 524-9312 or www.lyrictheatreokc.com.
3. Hear The Damn Quails play the Wormy Dog Saloon’s annual Toys for Tots fundraiser at 8 p.m. Friday at the Wormy Dog, 311 E Sheridan. Admission is free with an unwrapped toy or $15 donation. Doors open at 6 p.m. Information: 601-6276 or www.wormydog.com.
4. See artwork that celebrates the end of the Mayan calendar’s fifth cycle at the new “End of the World” exhibition at Maya Trading Co. and Istvan Gallery, 1218 N Western Avenue. Assuming the world doesn’t end on 12/21/12, the exhibit will be on view through January. Information: www.mayatradingcompany.com or www.istvangallery.com.
5. Take advantage of Downtown in December’s last Free Crystal Bridge Sundays of the year from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the Myriad Botanical Gardens, 301 W Reno. Information: www.downtownindecember.com.