Here are my picks for the top 5 Best Bets happening this weekend around Oklahoma, as listed in Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman. For more event options, go to www.wimgo.com:
1. Meet “Amazing Race” contender Jet McCoy, hear live music by Gary S. Pratt and Picket Wire, Jim Garling and A Bar Bunkhouse Band and see the John Wayne film “The Cowboys” at the National Day of the American Cowboy celebration from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 NE 63. Information: 478-2250 or www.nationalcowboymuseum.org.
2. NORMAN — Listen to the Old 97’s, Robert Ellis and Workweek at 7 p.m. Friday at the outside stage at The Opolis, 113 N Crawford. Information: www.starlightmints.com/opolis.html.
3. See Lyric Theatre’s staging of the Tony-winning musical “Ragtime” at 8 p.m. Friday and 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday at Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. Information: 524-9312 or www.lyrictheatreokc.com.
4. NORMAN — Watch Mark Ballas, Chelsie Hightower, Damian Whitewood and Peta Murgatroyd from the hit reality TV show “Dancing with the Stars” perform as “America’s Favorite Dancers” at 8 p.m. Friday at Riverwind Casino, 1544 W State Highway 9. Information: 322-6464 or www.riverwind.com.
5. TULSA — Hear Country Joe McDonald, Jefferson Starship and Big Brother and the Holding Co. perform as “The Heroes of Woodstock” at 7 p.m. Friday at River Spirit Event Center, 1616 E 81 St. Information: (918) 995-8191 or www.creeknationcasino.com.