Stardeath and White Dwarfs
Here is a list of events happening around Oklahoma this weekend (May 21-23). For more activities, go to www.wimgo.com:
- TULSA – Hear Stardeath and White Dwarfs and The Besnard Ladies at 8 tonight at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. Information: www.cainsballroom.com.
- Catch We Are the Fallen in concert at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Diamond Ballroom, 8001 S Eastern. Information: 677-9169 or www.diamondballroom.net.
- Listen to violinist Stefan Jackiw and the Oklahoma City Philharmonic perform “Tchaikovsky and Sibelius” at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 842-5387 or www.okcphilharmonic.org.
- OKEMAH – Spend time with the King for a good cause as the Elvis Presley Fan Club of Oklahoma hosts a benefit auction and dance from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Brickstreet Cafe, 104 S Second. The event will benefit Emergency Infant Services in Tulsa. The event will feature a mini concert by tribute artist Tim Keef of Lindsay, Ronnie Kaye’s Dance Mobile and a silent auction of officially licensed Elvis Presley Merchandise, including a painting donated by rock ‘n’ roll artist Joe Petruccio, the official artist of Graceland. Information: www.elvispresleyfanclubofoklahoma.com.
“Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
- NORMAN — Watch “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” tonight during Movie Night at the Museum at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, 2401 Chautauqua Ave. The galleries, including the new “Chocolate: The Exhibition,” will be open from 5:30 to 7 p.m., and the movie will start at 7 p.m. Information: 325-4712 or www.snomnh.ou.edu.
- Hear country singer Pat Green with Kevin Fowler at 6 p.m. Saturday at Frontier City, 11501 N Interstate 35 Service Road. Information: 478-2140 or www.frontiercity.com.
- NORMAN – Listen as local favorite the Hosty Duo opens Norman’s Summer Breeze concert series at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Lions Park, 450 S Flood Ave. Information: www.thepas.org.
- THACKERVILLE – Laugh along as Tulsa comedian Rodney Carrington performs at 9 tonight at WinStar World Casino. Or hear The Four Tops with The Temptations at 8 p.m. Saturday at the casino. Information: www.winstarworldcasino.com.
- Take in hands-on art activities, Oklahoma Children’s Theatre performances, storytelling, film screening, mini-tours and more at the Family Day celebrating the exhibit “Sketch to Screen: The Art of Hollywood Costume Design” from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive. Information: www.okcmoa.com.
- Hear Texas singer/songwriter/guitarist Brandon Jenkins, who hails from Tulsa, at 8 tonight at the Wormy Dog Saloon, 311 E Sheridan. Information: 601-6276 or www.wormydog.com.
John Michael Montgomery
- TULSA – Listen to country singer John Michael Montgomery at 7 p.m. Saturday at Osage Million Dollar Elm Casino’s Osage Event Center, 951 W 36 St. N. Information: (918) 699-7667 or www.milliondollarelm.com/event-center.
- Hear The Australian Troubadours with special guest Edgar Cruz at 8 p.m. Sunday at the Blue Door, 2805 N McKinley. Information: www.bluedoorokc.com.
- Watch Reduxion Theatre’s staging of Shakespeare’s bloody revenge drama “Titus Andronicus” at 8 tonight and Saturday at City Arts Center Theater at State Fair Park. Information: 651-3191 or www.reduxiontheatre.com.
- PRYOR – Hear The Marshall Tucker Band, Jackyl, Foghat and more at Bikelahoma 2010. Billed as the biggest biker party in Oklahoma, the event goes on all day today-Sunday at the Catch The Fever Festival Grounds near Pryor. Information: www.bikelahoma.com.
- See the Oklahoma City Theatre Company’s production of “Top Girls” at 8 tonight and Saturday at the Civic Center’s CitySpace Theatre, 201 N Walker. Information: www.okctheatrecompany.org.
- -Share your tales of how “Good Neighbors Make Good Fences” at OKC StorySlam’s monthly story slam tonight at the Istvan Gallery, 1218 N Western. Sign-up for the competitive storytelling event starts at 7 p.m.; storytelling starts at 7:30 p.m. Information: www.okcstoryslam.wordpress.com.