The winter weather has caused some venues around the state to postpone or cancel tonight’s events.
In other cases, venues are holding off on confirming or rescheduling events until later today, after the status of the weather and roads becomes more certain.
Here are a few of tonight’s events that I’ve heard have been postponed or canceled, as well as some that seem to be going on as planned.
My advice: Before you go anywhere tonight, call ahead or check the venue’s and/or performer’s Web site before hitting the road. Also, check NewsOK.com or other sites to get an idea of road conditions in your area. Having a good time on a Friday night is one thing, but remember, safety first.
Postponed/canceled for tonight:
- Tonight’s Parachute and Safetysuit show, which also was to feature Oklahoma City’s own Graham Colton, at the Diamond Ballroom has been postponed. According to www.diamondballroom.net, the concert has NOT been canceled, just put off to a later (hopefully more weather-friendly) date. Ticketholders are instructed to hold onto their tickets since they will be honored for the rescheduled date. Ticketholders are urged to monitor www.dcfconcerts.com or www.diamondballroom.net for updates on the new show date.
- Red Dirt Improv has delayed tonight’s Very Vrazel Farewell show, according to the troupe’s Facebook page. The show will instead take place at 9 p.m. next Friday, Feb. 5 at IAO Gallery, 706 W Sheridan.
- TULSA – Eliza Gilkyson’s concert tonight at All Soul’s Acoustic Coffeehouse has been canceled, according to www.allsoulcoffeehouse.com. The venue is working to reschedule the date. Ticketholders should keep their tickets and check the venue’s Web site for updates on a new show date.
Gilkyson also is scheduled to perform Sunday night at Norman’s Santa Fe Depot as part of the Performing Arts Studio’s Winter Wind concert series. As of now, that show is apparently still on; neither www.thepas.org nor www.elizagilkyson.com/Calendar.htm has Sunday’s show listed as canceled or delayed.
- The Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive, has canceled tonight’s screenings of the films “Half-Life” and “Red Cliff.” According to www.okcmoa.com/film, the “Half-Life” screenings set for 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, as well as the 8 p.m. Saturday showing of “Red Cliff” are still on for now.
Still on for tonight:
- TULSA – Eli Young Band is set to perform at 8:30 tonight at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. As of Thursday, www.cainsballroom.com was reporting the show was still on, and the band members just posted on Twitter (www.twitter.com/EliYoungBand) a few minutes ago that they have made it to Tulsa from Arkansas. So, it’s a pretty good bet this show will happen as scheduled.
Also, Eli Young Band is set to play Cain’s again at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder will be taking on the Denver Nuggets at 7 tonight at the Ford Center, 100 W Reno. According to www.okfordcenter.com, the venue’s box office for the game won’t open until 2 p.m. today due to the weather. On Twitter, Thunder mascot Rumble the Bison (www.twitter.com/rumblethebison) reported this morning: “Yes, the game is on tonight! The Nuggets are here, the refs are here, and the 1st 10,000 fans get a Thunder/MidFirst beanie. Perfect timing!”-
- The 17th Annual Cafe City Arts celebration and arts sale will take place at 7:30 tonight at City Arts Center, 3000 General Pershing Blvd. at State Fair Park. I received an e-mail from City Arts Center this morning that the fundraising event, featuring works from national, regional and emerging artists, a chance to meet many of the artists and refreshments from some of the metro’s finest eateries, is still on for tonight. For information or to buy tickets, go to www.cityartscenter.org.
- TULSA — The national touring production of Pulitzer Prize-winning drama “August: Osage County,” written by Tulsa-born playwright Tracy Letts, will be staged at 7:30 p.m. today at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center as planned, according to www.tulsapac.com.
Additional performances are set for 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Tulsa PAC, Third and Cincinnati. For more information, call (800) 364-7111 or go to www.tulsapac.com.