Here is a list of events going on in Oklahoma the weekend of April 17-19. Have an entertaining weekend!
- Hear singer-songwriter Jimmy LaFave at 9 tonight at the Blue Door, 2805 N McKinley. Information: 524-0738 or www.bluedoorokc.com.
- See the terrific exhibit “Harlem Renaissance” before it closes Sunday at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive. The museum will offer Last Call Friday from 5 to 8 tonight with guided tours, live jazz, coffee seminars and more. Information: 236-3100 or www.okcmoa.com.
- NORMAN – Celebrate Record Store Day 2009 with live music from the Evangelicals, Other Lives and El Paso Hot Button from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Guestroom Records, 125 E Main. The Oklahoma City store, 3701 N Western, will have The Uglysuit, Ali Harter and Mayola performing from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Information: 701-5974 or www.guestroom-records.com.
- NORMAN – Catch New York-based indie rock band French Kicks with Mayola and Toil and Trouble at 9 p.m. Sunday at Opolis, 113 N Crawford. Information: www.okctickets.com.
- PRYOR – Listen to David Allan Coe, Jackyl, Crooked X and more this weekend at Bikelahoma 2009 at the Catch the Fever Festival Grounds. Gates open at 4 p.m. today and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Information: (866) 310-2288 or www.feverfest.com.
- Share your tale when the OKC StorySlam and the Istvan Gallery present their monthly story slam tonight at the gallery, 1218 N Western Ave. The theme this month is “Good Intentions.” Registration begins at 7 p.m., and storytelling starts at 7:30. Information: www.myspace.com/okcstoryslam.
- MIAMI – Hear Stoney LaRue at 8 tonight at Buffalo Run Casino, 1000 Buffalo Run Blvd. Information: www.buffaloruncasino.com.
- Get in on Mad Maxx’s Spring Bash featuring Texas Hippie Coalition, xit 27, Seed of Doubt and Plow at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Diamond Ballroom, 8001 S Eastern Ave. Information: www.diamondballroom.net.
- View the exhibit “Jack Hill’s Circle of Friends” at Paseo Art Space, 3022 Paseo, before it closes April 30. The gallery is open noon to 4 p.m. today and Saturday. The exhibit features a diverse collection of artworks by the late Jack Hill, one of my favorite Oklahoma artists, and his artistic friends. His collection includes work from talented artists such as Kay Orr, Regina Murphy, Winnie Hawkins, Sue Moss Sullivan, and Elaine Alsup. Information: 525-2688 or www.thepaseo.com.
- Listen to the Sugar Free All-Stars at 10 tonight at 51st Street Speakeasy, 1114 NW 51. Information: www.myspace.com/51speakeasy.