The Oklahoma City Thunder will again play the Golden State Warriors tonight at the Ford Center. (The Oklahoman Archives photo)
Here are some of the New Year’s Eve activities going on tonight in Oklahoma City:
- Opening Night 2009: 7 p.m. to midnight in 10 venues in downtown Oklahoma City. The non-alcoholic, family-friendly event features a children’s area and performances by Lemma, The Wise Guys, Balcum Rancum Puppetry, Ambassador’s Concert Choir, flutist Albert Gray Eagle, guitarist Edgar Cruz, St. Andrew’s Dung Lac Lion Dance Group and Tornado Alley Rollergirls. Information: 270-4848 or www.artscouncilokc.com.
- The Third Annual New Year’s Eve Gala: 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Skirvin Hotel. The upscale event raises funds for the Arts Council of Oklahoma City. Information and tickets: 270-4848 or www.artscouncilokc.com.
- The Flaming Lips New Year’s Eve Freakout 2008/2009: 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Cox Convention Center. Tickets and information: 235-8288 or www.ticketmaster.com.
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors: 7 p.m. at the Ford Center. Buy Thunder tickets for $26 and get a free Opening Night wristband with the team’s special New Year’s promotion. Information: 208-4667 or www.nba.com/thunder.
- Downtown in December: Chesapeake Snow Tubing at the Brick from noon to 8 p.m. through Jan. 3 and 2 to 6 p.m. Jan. 4; Devon Ice Rink at the Civic Center from noon to 11 p.m. Wednesday and noon to 10 p.m. through Jan. 4; OG&E Garden Lights illuminated through Thursday. Information: 236-3640 or www.downtownindecember.com.
- Toby Keith’s New Year’s Eve Party: The Brandon Clark Band plays at 9 p.m. at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill. Information: 231-0254 or www.tobykeithsbar.com.
- Wormy Dog’s New Year’s Eve Bash: No Justice plays at 11 p.m. Wednesday at the Wormy Dog Saloon. Information: 601-6276 or www.wormydog.com.
For more New Year’s events, go to www.wimgo.com.