Oklahoma City Ballet (The Oklahoman Archive photo)
- American Indian Mural Painting: The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 NE 63, is opening Saturday a new exhibit of “American Indian Mural Painting in Oklahoma and the Southwest.” http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/.
- Oklahoma City Ballet: See the first production of the newly named Oklahoma City Ballet, “Stars of American Ballet,” at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 848-8637 or http://www.balletoklahoma.com/.
- Magic Lantern Celebration on Paseo: Celebrate Halloween in artistic fashion from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Sunday in the Paseo Arts District. Information: www.thepaseo.com.
Edgar Cruz (The Oklahoman Archive photo)
- Harvest Festival featuring Edgar Cruz: My Small Wonders Child Development Center, 733 Village Parkway in Edmond, will have its first Harvest Festival and Fundraiser 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. It is benefiting Educare, a charity that helps at-risk children in OKC. It will include a costume contest, hayride and concert featuring guitarist Edgar Cruz. Information: Bill@mysmallwonders.com.
- Sonic’s Spooky Saturday: Free admission will be offered to the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Information: www.snomnh.ou.edu.
Flaming Lips (The Oklahoman Archive photo)
- March of 1,000 Skeletons: See the Flaming Lips lead their March of 1,000 Skeletons during the Ghouls Gone Wild Halloween parade at 7 p.m. Saturday in downtown Oklahoma City. Information: www.ghoulsgonewildokc.com.
- Steven Wright: Hear the deadpan, oddball comedy of Steven Wright at 7 p.m. Saturday at Firelake Grand Casino, Interstate 40 at Exit 178, Shawnee. Information: www.firelakegrand.com.
- Ruthie Foster and Carrie Rodriguez: Catch singer-songwriters Ruthie Foster and Carrie Rodriguez at 8 p.m. Friday at the Sooner Theatre, 101 E Main. Information: 321-9600 or http://www.soonertheatre.org/.
- Jimmy LaFave: Hear singer-songwriter Jimmy LaFave at 9 p.m. Friday at the Blue Door, 2805 N McKinley. Information: 524-0738 or http://www.bluedoorokc.com/.
- “Carousel” concert: Listen to Shirley Jones, her son Patrick Cassidy and Miss America 2007 Lauren Nelson perform a concert of “Carousel” at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Rose State Performing Arts Theatre, 6420 SE 15, Midwest City. Information: 297-2264.
- Red Dirt Rivalry, STILLWATER – Hear Stoney LaRue, Reckless Kelly and more at the Red Dirt Rivalry Friday and Saturday at the Tumbleweed Ballroom, Lakeview and Country Club roads. Information: (405) 377-0067 or http://www.calffry.com/.
- Keith Anderson, TULSA – Hear the Oklahoma native with openers George Ducas and Chasing Dixie at 8 p.m. Friday at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. Information: http://www.cainsballroom.com/.