A preview of the weekend of June 27-29:
- “The Sound of Music”: Watch the tale of the Von Trapp family unfold when Lyric Theatre stages “The Sound of Music” at 8 p.m. today and Friday and 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. For more information, call 524-9312 or go to http://www.lyrictheatreokc.com/.
- 2008 OKC Summer Classic Dog Show: See the top dogs at the 2008 OKC Summer Classic Dog Show, hosted by the Oklahoma City Kennel Club and Mid-Del-Tinker Kennel Club. The event will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. today through Sunday at the Cox Convention Center, 1 Myriad Gardens. For more information, call 487-8877 or go to http://www.okcdogshows.com/.
- OKC Yard Dawgz arena football: Cheer on the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz against the Lubbock (Texas) Renegades at 7:05 p.m. Saturday at the Ford Center, 100 W Reno. For more information, call 228-3294 or go to http://www.okcyarddawgz.com/.
- “WALL-E”: Set in the future on an abandoned Earth, Pixar’s latest animated film, “WALL-E,” focuses on a trash-compacting robot that discovers the way for humans to return to the planet.
- Wanted: James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman star in “Wanted,” about a slacker (McAvoy) who learns his murdered father was an assassin and is recruited into the same secret society.
- Ray Price: Hear country singer/songwriter/guitarist Ray Price perform at 8 p.m. Friday at Riverwind Casino, 1544 W State Highway 9, in Norman. For more information, call 322-6464 or go to www.riverwind.com.
- Jazz in June: Listen to Chuck Mangione, Barrie Lee Hall Jr. and the Duke Ellington Orchestra and more at Norman’s 25th Annual Jazz in June.
Blues under the Stars starts at 7 p.m. today at Brookhaven Village Parking Lot, Robinson and NW 36. Jazz under the Stars begins at 7 p.m. Friday at the Brookhaven Village Parking Lot, Robinson and NW 36.
Jazz in the Park will start at 6 p.m. Saturday at Andrews Park, 201 W Daws. An open jam session will be at 11 p.m. Saturday Sooner Legends Inn and Suites 1200 24th Ave. SW. For more information, call 325-3388 or go to www.jazzinjune.org.
- Three Dog Night, Tulsa: Even if you never go to Spain or Shangri-La, you can go to Tulsa to see Three Dog Night at 7 p.m. Friday in the Osage Event Center at Osage Million Dollar Elm Casino, 951 W 36 St. North. Tickets start at $30. Concert-goers must be 21 years old or older to attend. For more information, call (918) 699-7667 or go to http://www.milliondollarelm.com/tulsa.
- Skiatook Bluegrass Festival: Take in bluegrass shows by nationally known musicians, along with workshops, a junior fiddle contest, a band contest, bluegrass karaoke, camping and a children’s activity tent. The event is at the Skiatook Sports Park. Hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. today-Saturday. For more information, go to http://www.skiatookbluegrass.com/